Well i found my Mummy Instict finally!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ambernruby, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Sorry girls, abit of a whoah ways me post today..

I feel so guilty!! Poor Ruby has bot been herself for the last week at least, i have been putting it down to the 6 teeth she has coming through at the same time. It turns out the poor girl has been trying to tell us she has a painful ear infection!!! I could :aggressive: myself and my DF for dismissing what i kind of knew was going on. Ruby has been taking FOREVER TO drink her milk,drooling, grinding her gums together, waking up crying in the night and wincing when she takes her solids. I toyed with the idea of it being an ear infection but put it down to teething as i hadn't noticed that she had fluid in the ear or that they were troubling her in anyway until this afternoon, At hich point i tooker her in to the drs surgery who confirmed what the problem was. Thankfully she has been fully dosed up with pain meds for her teeth so hopefully hasn't suffered too much but now i have the penicillin that will help clear it up. The dr also diagnosed her with bay excema like her sister Amber, i feel so bad for her!! Poor girl, i need to be more assertive where my girls health is concerned!!!! :(

2. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] i always worry about ear infections but everytime i have taken them in to have their ears looked at the dr says it is just teething, so i'm sure that when they do finally get one i am going to chalk it up to teething. the symptoms are so similar. give yourself a break, she will be good as new in no time.[​IMG]

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Ear infections are SO hard to know what is going on if you don't have that doctors tool to look in their ear! I thought my boys just had a cough. I developed bronchitis shortly after so took them in to make sure they didn't have it. Nope, they BOTH had DOUBLE ear infections! The only indication was a cough! :unsure: They didn't have fevers or problems eating. I couldn't believe it. From what you've told us, I would have just chalked it up to teething too. :hug: Hope she feels better soon!

4. ambernruby

Thanx girls! I know your right, the symptoms were so like teething. It just annoys me that it crossed my mind several times and i chose to leave it to see how it went. She could well of been better now if i'd of acted more assertivley, it has never been a strong point of mine!! I'm hoping that i learn a lesson from this though. Mumm instinct should never be ignored! Thanx again :grouphug:

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Awww, poor baby. :hug: Ear infections are so easily missed, the symptoms could be anything really. Luckily with meds, they usually clear up quickly!

6. ambernruby

Thanx Tina :hug: she seems ALOT happier today and that is with just two doses of meds so yeah it seems like it is clearing up very quickly :Clap: she's on a 5ml dose 3 times a day for the week. 5ml doesn't sound alot but to little people it really is, she doesn't like it but isn't resisting it as much as she does her other meds, blessher. Maybe she is realising that meds arre our friend and make us feel better lol

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Awww, poor punkin. Don't be too hard on yourself though, those ear infections can be a tough call! I hope she is feeling better soon! :hug:

8. ambernruby

I know the poor girl!! Thanx Becky :hug: she is in high spirits today, she is a little trooper!!

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: I hope you both are feeling better today!!

10. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Poor baby! I hope Ruby is feeling better today. I've wondered about ear infections, too. I had my aunt use that instrument to look in their ears, since she know how to do it. I wish I could check their ears! It's so hard to know when to call the dr and when it's nothing.

11. ambernruby

:hug: Aw she is much better thankyou Rachel and If she's happy i'm happy (usually lol)

12. spaulino227

spaulino227 Active Member

I know how you feel, I thought one of my dd's was teething and was doping her up with motrin/tylenol. Come to find out a week later, she had a UTI. I felt soooo terrible. The poor kid was just irritable and she had her 2 top teeth coming in, I never imagined it was a UTI!

13. ambernruby

Oh no bless you, how awful so sorry she got a UTI!!! It is such a minefield when they teeth all the time? From now on i'm taking no chances what so ever! I fear we will be @ the drs 24-7 getting them checked over but better safe than sorry.