Early Morning Wake-ups

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by RhodeMomma, Sep 1, 2009.

1. RhodeMomma

RhodeMomma Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for overnight diapers for 7month boys? They're normally in size 3 diapers (huggies and/or pampers Baby-dry). We find that one of our sons pees so much that he overflows his diaper, and now wakes up early because he's wet everywhere.

Any recommendations for overnight? Apparently the diapers we've been using just can't cut it for overnight.

Thanks all!

2. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

go a size up for overnight.

our boy wear size 3 luvs so we do size 4 pampers overnights. also, we've found the pampers stop overnight leaks better than the huggies overnight diapers.

also, i'm sure you know this but i didn't: make sure the penis is pointing down. if it's not you're going to have a flood in the crib.

3. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

like pp said go a size up at night

i have also put a maxi pad in the diaper, or put a pull-up on over the diaper (works when they are a bit older).

all 3 fixes have worked for me

4. RhodeMomma

RhodeMomma Well-Known Member

That's great, thanks for the suggestions!!! I'm hoping for a dry night again!

Maxi pad? That's genius and hysterical at the same time. However, I think my DH will object on principle. But it might make a good child-embarassment-story for later down the road. :) :)

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

They make things called Diaper Doubles that look just like Maxi pads, but they sell them for inserts into the diapers. You can also try the Huggies Overnites. I swear by those things. We started using them at the end of the first year and they worked very well. Also be sure you keep the penis pointing down, not to the side or up as that will cause leaks as well.

6. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

OMGNESS!!!! 4 years ago with Ella I started using those. Now you can't find those at ANY store in my area. NO ONE BELIEVES ME that they existed. They all think Im nuts lol. Im so glad someone else mentioned them. Im not nuts. I wish I could still find them in my local stores. I don't know why they stopped stocking them, they were wonderful!

7. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Just FYI...they still carry them at Babies R Us (or at least mine)...they just call them something else, and last time I was there (yesterday) they were next to their brand of diapers and those flushable diapers.