Bah why are all cheap clothes ugly!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Today it was chilly and I realized I just don't have many warmer clothes that are not too tight anymore... All the consignment sales are not for another 2 weeks so I figured I'd have a look at Babies'r Us and Target... Ugh! I used to love Carter's and I swear this year most of the stuff is ugly! Then I checked Target and there too 90% of their boy stuff has some trucks or sports on them... even when it has animals it's very bold cartoony pictures... not cute at all. And Carter's stuff seems much more cheaply made than last year...

Sigh. I just hope I'll find what I need at those consignment sales...

2. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I like JC Penny Okie Dokie clothes. They are cheap and cute. Actually, for the most part I like cheap clothes period :D The only expensive clothes I have are a few Osh Kosh things, some of which are hand me downs.

I think the problem I had with Carters this year was that the clothes just get a lot less cute as they get older.

Truthfully they wear it for such a short time it's not like it needs to last for 5 years. That's how I look at it anyways.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I thought Carters had some cute stuff this year. :)

Kohl's Jumping Bean brand has some cute stuff and is really cheap.

4. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I thought it was really cute up to 24 months, but if you wanted 2T or more it was kinda plain, and a lot of sports stuff.

I didn't look through the girl section, so I can't comment on that, but I hate pink and there was a lot of that, but that seems to be a problem with all little girls clothes.

5. rrodman

Yes, pink is a problem. The girls stuff is cuter this season I think. It goes back and forth.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

If you buy Carters at Target its probably their cheapers versions- "Just one year" or "Child of mine." Do you have outlets near you? I always get good deals on Carters and OshKosh at our outlet mall. Also, Kohls jumping beans is nice for staples (cotton pants, long sleeve tees, etc).

7. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I also dont like how they make they pieces to the outfits all have some sort of logo or decal on them - I would love to find simple clothes that I could mix and match. Not one pair of pants that only go with that one shirt.

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Yeah, why is it that most of the little boys clothes have vehicles or sports?? I was desperate for some jammies for the boys, and all I could find was dinos and "Mommy's Little Slugger". Blah!! :bad: Okay, the dinos are cute on Jack, but poor Nate ended up looking like a midget outfielder.

I usually love Carters, but I'm almost at the point of only buying American Apparel solid colored onesies. At least they're high quality and simple.

Most girls clothes look so cute but as a mom of boys, I seem to have 2 fashion choices: Redneck or Preppy. Where are the cute boys clothes???? :mad:

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I found some really cute stuff at the Carter's outlet for a great price. My issue is that I think boys clothes are infinitely less cuter then girls clothes. I would not mind finding some plain stuff to mix and match. I agree with Rachel, I just look at it like this is not stuff they will be wearing long anyway and usually let price rather then cuteness determine my purchase.
    I have been asking where are cute boys clothes since my nephews were little many years ago. You would think that children's clothing designers would come up with something cute for boys!

10. rrodman

[quote name='Shelly's twins' date='01 September 2009 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1251827113' post='1440481']
    I hear ya! I also dont like how they make they pieces to the outfits all have some sort of logo or decal on them - I would love to find simple clothes that I could mix and match. Not one pair of pants that only go with that one shirt.
    [/quote]

Hanna Anderson has some really cute mix and match stuff - a bunch of pants, shirts, jacket, etc. that all mix and match. For girls, there are dresses and skirts too. Great because everything goes with everything and nothing is "logo". But, it doesn't fit the category of "cheap" either.

11. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Maybe TS needs to start a new cute clothing for boys line :D

DS was lucky and got tons of hand me downs so hes good through size 2T..DD on the other hand had to get a mini new wardrobe as she had nothing. She ended up with a lot of brown/turquise/pink/cream stuff from Osh Kosh (on sale with a coupon of course!) .

12. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

You know I'd just make do with $5 plain shirts... but even that is almost impossible to find.

13. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Just got my first Hannah Anderson catalog yesterday; super cute stuff, but mostly for girls and PRICEY! Can people seriously afford $110 Uggs for babies? :unsure:

We should do a "Project Runway" contest for boys! Rule #1: NO sports or truck themes! :lol:

14. Brownie110

Brownie110 Well-Known Member

I agree 1000% that there isnt any cute boy clothes out there, there are some, but If your looking for something specific , forget it.....and unfortunately all there is for boys, is blue, gray, brown and black....or like said sports or animals or trucks.....Girls, I can go nuts on...such a variety of chooses.....the thought of trying to find outfits for boy/girl twins for christmas pics is going to drive me insane....I at least try to find matching in color....

[quote name='Nate and Jack's Mom' date='01 September 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1251830761' post='1440600']
    Just got my first Hannah Anderson catalog yesterday; super cute stuff, but mostly for girls and PRICEY! Can people seriously afford $110 Uggs for babies? :unsure:

We should do a "Project Runway" contest for boys! Rule #1: NO sports or truck themes! :lol:
    [/quote]

15. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

I hear ya! I think Carters has some cute items but most of it is very "Cutesy" and I'm trying to get out of that. I went shopping for DD this morning and saw really cute things at The Children's Place...great sales starting at $3! I LOVE their shorts for boys and leggings for girls. Another cheap way to go is Old Navy online, def. worth checking out their stuff!

16. rrodman

[quote name='Nate and Jack's Mom' date='01 September 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1251830761' post='1440600']
    [/quote]

Yeah, no Uggs in our house! I honestly am not sure how much the clothing runs because I've never bought anything. Just know that it's on the expensive side. I think the Uggs are the extreme though!

17. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOL. When my boys were born. My niece showed up with a gift for them(she 2 1/2). They each got a pair of blue uggs. For babies. They will be 2 next month. They have yet to wear them...

18. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

I agree that you can find more cute clothing for girls than boys.

I agree with Rachel, JC Penney Okie Dokie has nice clothing, good prices.
    Children's Place, has nice quality for good prices. Go on line and
    type in Children's Place printable coupon, you can print out a coupon
    for 15% off.

19. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I spent one hour at the mall yesterday looking at clothes. Most department stores had almost nothing in the 18/24 months range... I swear half the stuff is newborn and the other half 2T+... So frustrating! I ended up getting PJs from TCP online (with the 15% code it was only $6.80 per PJ!)... and for clothes I went to Kohl's today and actually found cute clothes... the Jumping Beans brand, and it was 50% off. So I got a couple shirts, sweaters and pants.

20. Melissatwins84

Melissatwins84 Well-Known Member

I love The childrens place, Kohls, and Oldnavy for my shopping. Target is great too at least for girls, they don't really have much of a selection for boys. I much rather shop clothes for my daughter then my son, we just got their fall wardrobe and I feel so bad, my DD got like 5 extra things because it was too cute to pass up.

21. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

Hello! I don't agree with you! Not all cheap clothes look ugly. I saw many replicas which look amazing. For example, you can have a look at faux luxury brands seller review and read some information about it. In my opinion, these clothes look gorgeous.

22. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

I totally get your frustration with cheap clothes sometimes not meeting our style expectations. Have you considered checking out brands like Ashro? They offer affordable options that can still be quite fashionable. Finding the right balance between budget-friendly and stylish clothing can be a bit of a challenge, but with a bit of searching, you might discover some hidden gems that suit your taste.