Carseat Video - If your trying to decide rear vs foward

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by waitingpaitently20, Aug 17, 2009.

1. waitingpaitently20

waitingpaitently20 Well-Known Member

This is a video I came across a few months ago when I wanted to find out how to properly intall my carseat (later took it to the police station) it was very touching. I will probably keep my children rear facing for a long time. I do not want to start a debate. I do not know the truth behind it. I just want to pass it along since it made an impression on me. Do with it as you please, I'm not looking for a debate just wanted to share as a saw a thread on carseats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8

1 person likes this.
  2. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

So very sad.

3. tfrost

tfrost Well-Known Member

After reading this post I was so tempted to put on my whiny baby hat and say how I felt like a horrible parent for even asking about car seats, etc., but I know there is validity in what some folks offer on this board. That's why I like reading this board and seeking different opinions and advice. Sometimes I feel stupid for even asking anything, but I'd rather feel stupid than not know some of the things that folks around here bring to the table. Thanks again to everyone who brings heartfelt advice and support to all of us here.

2 people like this.
  4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

NEVER feel stupid for asking questions! If you hadn't brought it up, think of all the people who read but don't post that now have another point of view to consider. I am always thankful when someone brings up a car seat question b/c car seats are just darn confusing! :hug:

I also saw this video (and others) when I was researching car seats and it really made an impact on me.

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I would like to commend you for having your :panties: on. There are plenty that would have just walked away and rolled their eyes. NEVER feel dumb for asking questions. It is how we ALL learn. I have learned so much from TS from questions that I didnt ask.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There are no stupid questions in the first year, we were all there once trying to figure things out. :hug:

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto there is no such thing as a stupid question!! It never ever hurts to seek opinions of others, and although there's some you need to take with a grain of salt (or sometimes a bucket), the majority of the time people are looking to help others out! :wub:

8. waitingpaitently20

waitingpaitently20 Well-Known Member

Definately hope that I didn't make you feel stupid. On my other board someone that works in the carseat safety field posted a message about how 4 out of 5 people install a carseat the wrong way and posted a video created by whatever safety association and that's when I took mine down to the police station and saw that I didn't have the base nearly as tight as it is supposed to be and something else about if you use a belt to pull it out all the way until it clicks before you use it. She also said to make sure that you put the clip on the breastbone and not near the stomach as in an accident you do not want the impact to be on the vital organs. I was so happy that she posted it since I had been doing it slightly incorrectly. That's when I came across this video. I just wanted to pass it along. not make anyone feel stupid. Just that the other post about carseats reminded me of this video. I don't work in the carseat buisness so I do not know for sure the truth behind it, but it made sense to me and thought it might be useful to others.