Teething BIscuits

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by orangeyaglad, Jul 19, 2009.

1. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

When can they actually eat these? I picked up a box of Baby Mum Mums at Wal-mart because I read they dissolve fast. My girls don't have any teeth, but they are teething. DH was scared that they would choke on them, but the box states that they are fine for babies on solids. Do they mean solids as in baby food or finger food? Are these safe to eat for babies with no teeth?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

From what I understand they are supposed to be something for babies to gum on but DH and I found them so hard to break and we were afraid to give them to the kids, so we didn't. We never tried Baby Mum Mums but used Gerber...so maybe Baby Mums Mums dissolve easier.

3. orangeyaglad

Baby Mum Mums are super thin and are made from rice. I ran them under water and they dissolved pretty fast. I can't find the ones made by Gerber anywhere. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing. Are they actual biscuits by Gerber?

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They are called Gerber Biter Biscuits. It sounds like the Mum-Mums dissolve easier then the Gerber ones.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

The Gerber biscuits are totally different than the Mum Mums, and they sell them everywhere. If you are worried about them breaking pieces off, I would stick them in a mesh feeder, that way they can practice holding onto something and eating it, without the choking risk.

6. orangeyaglad

Good idea becky! I do have those mesh feeders, so I guess I'll give them a try tomorrow.

7. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i started giving mum mums at around 6 months, they didn't have any teeth then. i have never had a problem with them but occasionally they will bite/break off a bigger piece than i am comfortable with and i just pull it out of their mouth. they do dissolve VERY quickly.

i have bought teething biscuits but they still seem too scary for me, it seems like they would break off in a big chunk that would be difficult to gum/swallow.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmm I might have to try to find those, all they had with my older kids was the biter biscuits, which I like when they are toothless to gum, but hate when they have those first sharp teeth because they get pieces off of them and they don't dissolve easily!

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mum Mums turn to mush really quickly, we never had any problems with those. The Gerber biter biscuits are really hard and they managed to break off some pretty big chunks & scared me so we avoided those.