Does anyone else have a real moaning/crying/wingeing/more difficult pain in the @#% one?!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Andi German, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

So Max is moaning right now because he can't have lara's paintbrush. For most of the day he is either moaning, crying, throwing a tantrum, wingeing, crying, moaning some more, throwing another tantrum, throwing his food on the floor, throwing himself onthe floor or just being difficult and giving me a major pain in the a@@.

Please tell me I'm not alone and the only one with a challenging/more difficult child!!!!!!!!!

2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Oh ya. HE is my one who has been TOUGH since he was in utero. He had colic etc. he's just NEEDY as can be and he drives me NUTS! I keep saying if I had two baby A's, life would be a breeze. And if i had two baby B's, my life would be worse. You're not alone. It is hard to deal with. Mine is currently throwing himself on the floor whining "Mama, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Not sure why. HELP!

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Yup DD is that way. At this point I'm just glad I only have one of those...

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, but my ONE changes daily. It gets a lot better when they have more words to express their frustration, but we still have days of whining and it drives me bonkers.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, usually it is DS around here, but some days they do change it up :hug:

6. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Yup mine is usually DD, but she is better then she used to be.

7. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

It's strange because it has changed over the past few months. When Jake was a baby he was what we assume was gassy. Nobody wanted to hold him and wanted the "happy baby" Josh. Jake had horrible stranger anxiety that lasted from about 7 months until he was 15 months.

Now, as soon as someone walks in the door, he lifts his arms up to be held. He's always smiling at strangers.

When Josh was a baby, you could leave him in the swing,bouncer, jumperoo ect forever. Everyone wanted to hold him.

Now he has seperation anxiety and when anyone walks in the door he runs right to me and buries his head in my legs or wants me to hold him. If I leave the room he freaks out. He throws his food on the floor. When I put him in his crib for naps or at bedtime he screams.

I'm just hoping he's going through a stage and he'll be back to his old self soon.

8. two.heartbeats

two.heartbeats Well-Known Member

You have described my DD exactly. I know how you feel...I am thankful DS is the complete opposite!! lol

9. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

Yep that would be DD1. DD2 is ALWAYS happy. They couldn't be more different.

10. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, BIG time! Literally, since they could crawl over to me, Jack's been SO clingy, fussy, whiney! They are now almost 21 months and it hasn't stopped! UGH. It's been going on for over a year and I keep saying...it will get better when they can walk(nope), it will get better when they can talk, etc....
    Well, it's still bad and now my other guys is doing it too because they are both getting their molars. Somedays I seriously don't think I will get through the day with all the whining. I'm hoping that now that we are in speech therapy that when they start communicating they will stop....doubt it though. UGH. In my mind, this is the HARDEST part...the whining and clinging. I could chase after them all day and be fine but PLEASE make the whining STOP! Oh, and temper tantrums too!

11. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Poor you! 21 months! Keep thinking the same - that he will improve over the next month or after such and such - but I really hope it doesn't last until he's 2! Urgh. Thanks for the replies ladies, helps to know it's not something we are doing/not doing but just the way it is!

12. mytwins2

mytwins2 Well-Known Member

yep, that's my dear son Hunter......whining, whiney, whining some more. Morgan cries but she at least stops. He goes on and on and on.....it's quite exhausting.....there he goes again.

13. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Oh yes, one of my boys is like this at various times - and he's so darn persistent!!

14. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

One of my boys WAS like that, for 2 whole years. In the past month, they have switched. Now, Baby A, formerly the colicky, needy, whiny one has become Mr. Happy, Cool, Calm, Collected. :yahoo: However, in exchange, Baby B went from mostly happy and pleasant to incredibly cranky, demanding, crabby, and needy. We joke that they switched roles, but it sure seems like that's exactly what happened! At least it provides some sort of variety...???

:hug: Hang in there!