Pampers baby not so dry

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by becasquared, Jul 15, 2009.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Uggh.

We buy the pampers baby dry because of the shape (long) and they fit the kids really well and live up to their name! Or rather they did until they changed their formulation recently. Now they don't fit as well (and it's not the kids, I still have some older ones in the diaper bags that I was experimenting with) and the outer shell gets damp when they pee! WTH?

I bought some huggies to see if they fit better on the two of them than they used to.

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that they'd changed their formulation, but this explains a LOT. We've been having diaper issues like crazy for the past couple weeks after months of none. Well, d@mn.

1 person likes this.
  3. Maymay

Maymay Well-Known Member

Hmmm I didn't know they changed to formula either! Why do companies always have to mess with good thing? Annoying.
    I wonder if the Pampers Cruisers are changed too? I've looked at them at Babies R Us but I've never tried Cruisers. Maybe they would be better?

1 person likes this.
  4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is good to know. Right now we've been using the BRU brand and have pretty much been leak free, so hopefully they'll leave their formula alone!

1 person likes this.
  5. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... I want to know if that change was in the pampers cruisers as well. My little man has had a rash that I cannot get rid of for the the last two months. Both twins have super sensitive skin and pampers cruisers are the only thing that his sister will not get welts from. I have tried every diaper rash cream out there as well as the one you can make. I am about to go to the dr. but may try a new diaper for him first. Thanks for posting this!

And I used to have this same problem with Huggies Supreme with my older kids. Their diaper would always feel wet on the outside. It was strange. ;)

6. becasquared

I think they changed the cruisers a few months ago (made them more absorbent I believe).

7. becasquared

ooohhh update!

Alice has the most horrid diaper rash now. I'm sure it's partly due to the diapers and partly due to the antibiotics she's on for possible MRSA. Her lips, cl*t hood, perienum, past the anus and all the way to the top of her butt crack is deep red, cracked in a few places, and looks like the most horrid case of chapped lips I've ever seen. Oh and it cropped up today. And she's very unhappy when she pees.

8. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

We have a horrible time with diapers. We use Pampers Baby Dry, too, ANYTHING else we use gives R a major rash. But the Pampers leak every night! The only diapers we have ever used that didn't leak or cause a rash are the White Cloud brand from Walmart, which of course they discontinued several months ago. I cannot wait until we are out of diapers.

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

ouch! so sorry about that Bex. We've always found huggies and kirkland to fit my kiddos best.

10. becasquared

The huggies are a bust. I'm glad I only bought a small package of them. My two are so long that they need diapers that are shaped like a piece of paper folded lengthwise in half. The overnight huggies are okay, but they always end up twisted because I can't get the waist part tight enough.

I think I'm just going to suck it up and stick with the babydry for now. Hopefully we'll start PT soon (and the pull ups fit lengthwise but are loose!) and not have to worry about it too much.