It Only Took 8 Months and One Night of CIO

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sullivanre, Feb 14, 2009.

1. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

My boys slept through the night. After 8 months and one night of CIO, they did it.

Mark had a little episode at 9PM. He was crying abnormally, so I went in. I think he had gas, so I gave him gas drops and sent him back to bed.

That was the last peep we heard out of them until 5:55AM. Their dad went in to get them, and they had gone back to sleep. Mark woke up for good at 7 and Eli woke at 6:30.

On the other hand, Mommy couldn't sleep through the night. I woke up at 4:30 and was so ecstatic that they hadn't woke that I couldn't fall back to sleep until 6AM. I was just waiting for them to wake.

After 8 months of this I had just about lost my mind. I hope tonight goes just as well.

2. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it was hard, but you were ready ^_^

Hopefully tonight goes just as well (I have heard that sometimes the 2nd night is worse than the first...just a heads-up!)

GL!

3. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!! Makes such a huge difference when they STTN!!

Dianna

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(SMax @ Feb 14 2009, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1189905[/snapback]

Hopefully tonight goes just as well (I have heard that sometimes the 2nd night is worse than the first...just a heads-up!)

GL!

:banana: :woohoo: that's great!

i was also going to mention that sometimes there are regression nights - but if you just stick with your plan, you'll do great!

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:yahoo: That's great news!!! I hope tonight...and every night, go great and they sttn!! :good:

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

:clapping: Yay for STTN!

7. sullivanre

Thanks ladies.

QUOTE(SMax @ Feb 14 2009, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1189905[/snapback]

GL!

Thanks, I was really ready. Fortunately, that was our second night. The first night Eli cried off and on for an just over an hour, and Mark was up for 1.5 hours, but he only cried 20 minutes total.

Last night, not a peep.
    QUOTE(miss_bossy18 @ Feb 14 2009, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1190056[/snapback]
    :banana: :woohoo: that's great!

i was also going to mention that sometimes there are regression nights - but if you just stick with your plan, you'll do great!

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't happen tonight, but I've got to expect a few of those regression nights.

8. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

9. sullivanre

Their normal bed time is between 7 and 7:30, and they get a bottle of EBM right before bed. I thought they were still hungry because they would happily nurse or take a bottle in the middle of the night and go right back to sleep, but it was still only a 3-4 hour interval of sleep, and I just didn't think they were that hungry--once a night maybe, but twice no.. I think it really was a habit, and I was just going in too often. I got the courage to put my foot down last week after they polished off two bowls (I measured it they had about 7 ounces of solids each) of solids and a 7 oz. bottle, and woke at like 10.

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations :yahoo: Sleep is awesome!

11. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Yeah for STTN! It makes such a huge difference!!

12. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

Congrats to you I hope it continues!

13. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that they are sleeping! Enjoy the rest!

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:banana:

How was last night????

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

:yahoo: Rachel that is great!!

16. bmatlock

bmatlock Well-Known Member

oh my god....i envy you! congrats! ours are 8 weeks and still up all the time...no sleep for me yet. i'm so happy for you!

17. sullivanre

Thanks ladies.
    QUOTE(DATJMom @ Feb 15 2009, 10:35 AM) [snapback]1190648[/snapback]
    :banana:

How was last night????

They are doing pretty good. The third night Eli woke once, but I didn't go in, and he wasn't up for long. But the 4 night was tougher--I went in at 12AM since their teeth are pooping through--I tylenoled them and put Eli them back down without food. Eli woke once more, but went back to sleep after about 10-15 minutes.

Fingers crossed for tonight, night 5, because the teething is bad today. They both had bloody gums this evening.

18. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

Good luck with tonight! I hope you had an easier day since the teething.

19. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!!

20. lucky123

lucky123 Well-Known Member

Can you share how exactly you did it. Did they still wake up in the middle of night for a feeding? Did you just ignore them?

21. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

That's awesome Rachel, and it gives me hope! Glad you're finally getting some sleep :)